Ezine

Ezine

Thursday 22 November 2012

IPAD 2 Incompatible With IOS 6 - Resolved


Thought I would post something useful for y'all and luckily for you (though not so very much for me), my IPad 2 decided to get a software update by itself and kinda forced me to update / upgrade my IOS. Not too certain as to what I had earlier, but my Ipad2 wanted a software upgrade to IOS 6.1.

Well, like any well-wishing gadget owner, I went ahead and clicked on update and after 10 minutes it successfully updated the new IOS. WOW! I am now a proud owner of the IOS 6.1 operating system. The only fact that let my WOW factor down was that, immediately after the IOS update, my IPAd just would not sync with the iTunes software. iTunes kept saying that it was unable to sync with my IPAD named "LUST"!!!

After contemplating for a while, I uninstalled the old version of the iTunes software and reinstalled the current version of it. On completing the same, I plugged my IPad to my PC and iTunes stated that it can't sync if the IPad is locked. All I had to do was unlock the ipad and it synced without a hitch.

On successfully completing the re-installation and syncing, I wonderedif I have to unlock my IPad every single time I connect it to my PC. To set my mind at rest, I unplugged and re-plugged the IPad to my PC once more and this time, it did not ask me to unlock my IPad.

So for those who are having issues with your updated IPas, here is a simple 4-step resolution;

  1. On updating the IOS on your ipad, unplug it from the PC.
  2. Uninstall the old version of iTunes and reinstall the latest version.
  3. Unlock your IPad and connect it to the PC
  4. Let your iTunes boot and sync with your IPad for the first time 
 If these steps do not work, keep me posted and I shall find out what else could be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment